Can’t believer how fast this is to put together. It took me longer to decide on material then it did to cut and sew! Won’t be buying store bought rash guards for my son ever again.
If your kids are ready for less sunscreen and more play, this comfy rash guard tee is perfect for them! Our fitted raglan style allows full coverage at the neck and the arms, with two sleeve options and easy construction. We recommend that you use swimwear fabric with at least 50% stretch, which can be found at most fabric stores. If you have never sewn with swimwear fabric, no problem! We have helpful tips included right in the pattern. Alex’s rash guard is perfect for the beach, pool, outdoor play, and even in cooler months as a fitted activewear tee!
Difficulty Rating: Beginner
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Recommended fabric: Swimwear Fabric with at least 50% stretch.
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes 2T to 14 kids.
- A 23-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 1-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- One instant download PDF Projector file that includes:
- Bold lines and clear fonts
- Pieces all facing the direction of stretch or grainline.
- Unfolded pieces with optional fold lines
- A scaling grid
- Layered sizes
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.
Made this for my son to match his sister's Arielle tankini for her birthday party. I embroidered George Pig on it and he loved it, even though he's only 18 months old. Definitely easy enough for a beginner to knit/spandex.
I made 13 of these matching for a family vacation. They went together super fast and easy. They look great!
Clear instructions. Easy to follow