The pattern was a perfect size for my project. My granddaughter loves her dress.
If your princess is dreaming of glass slippers, Elora's is the perfect pattern to create the look she wants! Elora's features a full shoulder sash, a fitted bodice using buttons on the V shaped back, and a full double-layer skirt. The princess skirts are attached to the waistline with a V in both front and back, and you won't believe how easy it is to achieve this perfect princess look! You can use any woven fabric for the bodice and underskirt, such as cotton, taffeta, or satin. For the over skirt and shoulder sash you can use any sheer fabric, such as organza for full coverage and poof, or chiffon for a more drapey, soft look. If your princess wants a simple sleeveless version, you can leave the sash off altogether. Whichever options you choose, your results will be enchanting!
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Recommended fabric: Cotton, Polyester blends, Taffeta, Satin, or other wovens for the bodice and underskirt. Organza, Chiffon, or other sheer fabrics for the overskirt and shoulder sash.
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes 6/12m to 16 Kids.
- A 60-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- FREE GIFT with purchase! Size 15” and 18” doll size!
- A 1-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- One instant download PDF Projector file that includes:
- Bold lines and clear fonts
- Pieces all facing the direction of stretch or grainline.
- Unfolded pieces with optional fold lines
- A scaling grid
- Layered sizes
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.
Sizing is really good and able to change colour of fabrics to suit many princess themes. Easy to follow pattern
I had a great time making this for a friend's daughter! I added some lightweight interfacing to the bodice pieces and would recommend doing so if your fabric allows it. I also used two lines of gathering stitches for the skirts and found it is easier to manage with two. So many fun ideas you can make with this dress!
My girls love this dress. This was a fun sew for me knowing they would love it so much.
This dress I used for my four year old autistic daughters costume. She is just learning to talk and managed to say "princess" when she saw her costume! She loves it so much she wears it for fun. The directions were easy. It was my first time sewing satin so I did make mistakes however I think the dress would be as beautiful in cotton. It's also easy to modify. The size fits true!
This is such a pattern ! Easy to follow instructions and easy to adapt to make different princess dresses . I made a Glenda the good witch dress from this pattern and turned out great !
The difficulty ratings are so very accurate. I am ambitious beginner/intermediate and have never worked with satin and organza before this pattern. CKC makes it so easy to follow that I was able to accomplish a princess dress for my daughter. It really is her favorite.
Love this dress. It is so easy and well written. Easy to follow.
Love it, looks super fancy but it's not difficult at all. I knocked one star just because the back is way too low cut and I had to raise it significantly, but otherwise I love the pattern. True fit, ease of use. I have made 5 of them so far with another 3 cut out and ready to go. Love the v waist. Very easy to modify to add my own sleeves to. Looks fabulous with piping as a sundress.
This is the ultimate in princess gowns! So easy to follow, goes together smoothly...and it is perfect! This dress can be used for a formal occasion gown or dress up play!
I have not tried this one yet, but what a stunner! I have looked through the pattern and it is incredible to me how CKC is able to take complicated things and make them so easy for anyone to follow. This is one gorgeous dress!
This has got to be the easiest, best looking pattern for a 'formal' I have ever encountered. Don't let it fool you... NOT AS difficult as it looks.