Nice pattern, good to follow, but i do have some comments about to make it more better. I made this jacket with faux leather and cotton lining. It's best to strengthen the front lining by ironing it with interlining, so the reverse collar stand flatten and straight. I missed the step in the instruction manual to sew the cuffs with the lining. Will make this jacket often but with knit.
Edgy meets sweet with this fun asymmetrical zip moto jacket and vest. This pattern features a fun angled zipper, optional tabs or pockets and can be made as a jacket or vest! Jacket version has optional thumbholes. Make it with a thicker quilted knit or fleece for a heavier jacket or with faux leather or lighter knit for a lightweight jacket. This shorter jacket or vest is perfect to wear with jeans and boots or to accessorize your favorite dress during the cooler weather. Its sure to quickly become your favorite accessory! Your wardrobe will not be complete without this fabulous pattern! Stretch fabric required.
Difficulty Rating: Advanced
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Recommended fabric: Knit Fabric with at least 50% stretch
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes 2T to 14 kids.
- A 35-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 1-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- One instant download PDF Projector file that includes:
- Bold lines and clear fonts
- Pieces all facing the direction of stretch or grainline.
- Unfolded pieces with optional fold lines
- A scaling grid
- Layered sizes
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.
The pattern is good and once you've done it once it would go together easy. My only complaints are that the cutting of a different color for the lining is tricky for to the instructions all being made to use the same fabric for lining and outer fabric. But it turned out great!!! Will be using again.
This CKC pdf pattern went together seamlessly. I was making aa custom Halloween costume on a tight time schedule, and the 1st pdf moto jacket pattern from a different co pany did not go together well, the pdf pieces didn't seem to match up at all. I took a leap of faith and ordered my first CKC pattern, hoping it was a better fit. Thank goodness the pdf paper pattern fit together and I was able to fashion a Harry Hook coatume on time! I'll definitel buy from CKC again for my young granddaughter! P.S. my grandson doesn't know his costume was hacked from a girl's jacket- shhhh.
This was an easy to read and easy to follow pattern. The zipper might seem daunting by the picture but is actually quite simple. I added little buttons and pins my daughter requested and it turned out adorable. I will definitely make more!