Get ready for Back to School with Montana’s Multipurpose Lunch Box. Montana is fully lined and features a zipper opening with a hinge-style lid. Extra options include a handle, adjustable strap, zippered exterior pocket with or without a ruffle, and an interior pocket that is perfect for storing utensils or ice packs. Lunch box can be fully insulated for keeping food warm or cold. The lining can be waterproofed for easy cleanup of spills- with the included instructions on how to make any fabric of your choice waterproof, you can make your lining as minimal or as fun as you’d like.
Montana is not just limited to lunchtime use- make it without the waterproof lining and you have a perfect travel sewing box or a place to stash toys. You can also use it to pack small items for travel, or even as a purse. There are so many possibilities with Montana’s Multipurpose Lunch Box!
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
- Exterior: Woven fabric- i.e. cotton fabric, canvas, vinyl, leather
- Interior: Woven fabric and/or waterproof lining- cotton fabric, flannel, PUL, Vinyl-Fuse™
- Insulation Materials (Optional): Insul-Brite™, fusible fleece, low-loft batting, Thinsulate™, Primaloft™, ¼” thick foam
- Structural Materials (Optional): Plastic canvas mesh, fusible interfacing
- 28” or longer non-metal zipper
- 11” or longer non-metal zipper (for optional exterior pocket)
- 1” webbing (optional for handle)
- 1” D or O Rings, Swivel Clips and Slide Adjuster (for optional strap)
- Mesh fabric (for optional inside pocket)
- Snaps (for optional inside pocket and/or strap)
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for a 9” L x 7.5” W x 3” H zippered box, with additional options and instructions on adding/suctracting depth if desired.
- A 43-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 1-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.
If you would like to see an example of our style and try it out for free, please download our free sample patterns HERE.