If you are looking for a comfy and adorable knotted baby gown, you are going to love this pattern! Ocean’s has cross-over bindings at the neck for easy on/off, and an optional faux placket and faux buttons too if you want to go all out! You can choose from short sleeves, regular long sleeves, or long sleeves with hand coverings. And then our favorite part – the bottom of the gown can be tied as a mermaid knot or a regular knot! There’s also the option for a non-tied gown, with plenty of length to still keep baby’s feet covered and cozy. With all these options, Ocean’s is a super fun sew and we bet you can’t make just one!
Difficulty Rating: Beginner
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Recommended fabric: Knit Fabric with 50% stretch.
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes Newborn to 18/24 mos. babies.
- A 44-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 2-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- One instant download PDF Projector file that includes:
- Bold lines and clear fonts
- Pieces all facing the direction of stretch or grainline.
- Unfolded pieces with optional fold lines
- A scaling grid
- Layered sizes
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.