This pattern has everything you need for a happy water baby! The raglan “rash guard” shirt has excellent sun coverage all over, with three sleeve lengths and a comfy fit that is easy to get on and off, even when it’s wet! For bottoms you have two options: brief-style or trunks-style! The brief-style swim diaper has three layers for excellent absorbency and is held securely in place at the waist and legs with comfy FOE (fold-over elastic). You can even use it as a training diaper! The trunks-style bottoms have the swim diaper layers as well, with an outer layer of swim trunks for more sun coverage on the legs. Either bottoms style can pair perfectly with the rash guard – or you can use any of the pieces on their own! If you have never sewn swimwear before, that’s no problem at all. The pattern includes lots of tips and photos that will help you make a fabulous swim set your very first time. With Carter’s Swim Set, your baby will be all set for summer!
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Recommended fabric & supplies: Stretch Swim Fabric, PUL (laminated fabric), absorbent fabric such as terry, and 1” wide FOE (fold-over elastic)
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes NB to 4T kids.
- A 40-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 1-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- One instant download PDF Projector file that includes:
- Bold lines and clear fonts
- Pieces all facing the direction of stretch or grainline.
- Unfolded pieces with optional fold lines
- A scaling grid
- Layered sizes
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.