Whether headed to the beach or the backyard, every man will love having a unique pair of swim shorts! Jonathan’s are best made with board short fabric and mesh lining (both found at your local fabric store), and they feature an elastic waist with optional drawstring, Velcro flap side pockets with drain holes, and an optional full lining for extra comfort. The pattern has separate rise for front and back, plus an optional low-cut line in front for those who want to wear the waistband under the belly. The pattern also includes instructions for adjusting for tall or short lengths. If you don’t have board short fabric on hand, you could also use woven or knit fabric. Jonathan’s swim shorts are super comfy and will have you set for the pool or beach in no time!
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Recommended fabric: Board short fabric for the exterior and soft athletic mesh or stretch swim fabric for the optional lining.
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes XXS to 4X Adults.
- A 35-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 1-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- One instant download PDF Projector file that includes:
- Bold lines and clear fonts
- Pieces all facing the direction of stretch or grainline.
- Unfolded pieces with optional fold lines
- A scaling grid
- Layered sizes
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.