I made this for my 18 month old and my 4-1/2 year old. I made them a size smaller, so 12 months and 4T and they fit perfectly with room to grow. The option to leave the extra strap length so you can adjust as they grow is perfect! As always, the instructions are very clear, even if you’re a newbie.
If you’re looking for a super cute suit with good coverage for optimal fun in the sun, you’re going to love Pearl’s! It features three gorgeous ruffles at the chest, straps that can either cross to attach in the back or tie as a halter, a secure fit on the bottom, plus a removable ruffle skirt to complete the look. Or, if you want a simple suit with no ruffles or skirt, you can do that too! Pearl’s is fully lined and uses lycra/spandex swim fabric. The baby sizes have plenty of room for a swim diaper, and even the big kids love how comfy Pearl’s is, both in and out of the water! If you have never sewn swimwear before, no problem! The pattern includes plenty of tips and photos to help you from start to finish. You’ll be sewing up all kinds of cute swim combinations in no time!
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes NB to 14 Kids.
- FREE GIFT with purchase! Size 15" and 18" doll size!
- A 42-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 1-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.
Please note that PDF patterns differ from traditional sewing patterns, and not all PDF designers have the same style. We prefer to give measurements for simple rectangles instead of rectangular pattern pieces to save your time, paper, ink, and tape. You will only receive pattern pieces for curved portions of the garment, and you will follow the cutting chart for the remaining pieces.
If you would like to see an example of our style and try it for free, please download our free sample pattern HERE.
This is a fun swimsuit that is nice and simple and I like that it can be customized with or without the ruffles. I prefer no ruffles for my tot since they get in her way in the water, but maybe she'll want the ruffles someday.
Great Patten, easybsew, very versatile can be worn with the skirt!
My customers love this girly one piece suit! This pattern is perfect for creating an amazing custom suit with all the personality of the little wearing it.