This was the perfect pattern for my son's cockroach Halloween costume.
This robe has all the details you want for your kids as they head off to wizarding school! Or, if they are more the space adventure type, they will be all set for their Jedi training! In fact, there are dozens or more characters you can create with one fabulous pattern! Malcolm’s is fully lined and reversible, with no exposed seams. It features an oversized slouchy hood with both regular and pointed options, long tapered sleeves that curve down from the wrists, a roomy fit that allows full clothing to be worn underneath, and a traditional length that hits between the lower leg and ankle. Malcolm’s has inseam pockets to hold all the hero’s treasures, and the robe fastens in the center with a traditional post/shank button and a fabric loop – no buttonholes needed! Malcolm’s is a lot of fun to sew and even more fun to wear! Whatever adventure lies ahead, your little character will be ready!
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Recommended fabric: Cotton, polyester, satin, silky fabrics with drape, and other wovens.
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes NB to 14 Kids.
- FREE GIFT with purchase! Size 15" and 18" doll size!
- A 42-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 1-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.
I was asked to make a Gryffindor cloak for a 7 year old girl. The Malcolm was recommended to me. I'm a confident beginner, but had never done set in sleeves, a hood, or pockets, plus a lining. The instructions for this pattern are so clear and complete. I feel very accomplished! Thank you so much!
My son wanted a Voldemort cape so I purchased this - I love that is goes up to a size 14 instead of the usually 10 or 12 for kids stuff! I skipped the lining, cut the hood down to be a collar and used a green velvet fabric my son picked and it turned out great! I added two snaps instead of the button. I will definitely use this pattern again and again!