Beginner pattern that you can use your favorite fat quarters or scraps to add a whimsical look. The construction instructions were beginner friendly that from cut to finish was less than 10 hours. My sew was a 1st day Kindergarten dress. When 5 yr old & mom are happy then Great Grammy is pleased too! Thanks to the Designer for a great pattern!
Are you ready for a boutique style dress that will turn heads and thrill your little one? Marguerite’s Magnificent Dress is just what you need! This dress is loaded with lots of little details that are easy to apply and make this dress a show stopper. The dress has a full skirt with a trim band and choice of a bottom ruffle or band. The flutter straps can be lined or unlined with or without trim or keep it simple with no flutters. The center bodice panel is a fun touch to the front bodice on its own, or you can choose to accent it with lace, piping, or any other fun trim of your choice. Want quick and easy? Cut 2 front bodice lining pieces for a simple bodice! This dress is a fabric mashers dream – go wild with a different fabric for each detail, mix and match coordinates, or use just one fabric for an equally stunning result. No matter what you do, this dress will be a success! Be sure to share your beautiful results with us in our Facebook fan group!
Difficulty Rating: Beginner
Recommended fabric: Woven Fabric
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes 2T to 14 kids.
- A 43-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 1-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- One instant download PDF Projector file that includes:
- Bold lines and clear fonts
- Pieces all facing the direction of stretch or grainline.
- Unfolded pieces with optional fold lines
- A scaling grid
- Layered sizes
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.
If you would like to see an example of our style and try it out for free, please download our free sample patterns HERE.