Very happy with this pattern. Dress turned out great. Instructions were easily followed.
Diamond’s Dazzling Dress is a unique design that you will fall in love with. This amazing detailed pattern features an open back with ties that lace up with an elastic waistband, beautiful cascading organza skirt, and built in petticoat. Designed to be made with two way stretch stable knit or stretch woven for the bodice, organza skirt, and petti coat netting. Detailed hemming instructions include traditional rolled hem, fishing line hem or horse hair braid (HHB). Use this pattern for pageants, princess dresses, flower girl dresses, daddy daughter dances, and so much more! Diamond’s is bound to make your girl dazzle and provides a WOW factor. The sky is the limit, now let’s see what you can do with it! Let your imagination soar!
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes 2T to 14 kids.
- A 104 -page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos and video tutorials that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 3-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- A projector file that includes:
- Bold lines and clear fonts
- Pieces all facing the direction of stretch or grainline.
- Unfolded pieces with optional fold lines
- A positioning guide
- Calibration grid and
- Layered sizes
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces. These rectangle and square pieces will have their own print saver chart, separate from the necessary shaped pieces chart. Please be sure to see the print saver for which pages to print for both options.
I love this pattern. I don't do well with traditional patterns, but this was wonderful. The pictures for each step helped tremendously and the detailed instructions were spot on. I am almost finished with the dress. This pattern gave me the confidence to tackle such an enormous gown!
This wasn't a quick sew, nor was it exhaustingly long. The finished product is awe inspiring and beautiful. I did the rolled hem only (no fishing line) on a size 8 and it is probably one of my favorite items I have ever sewn. I will say that depending on the machine you own it might give some trouble over the bulk of the layers. I used my serger, cover stitch, industrial straight stitch machine, and my brother cheapie in the construction of this dress to handle various tasks.
I made this dress as a pageant dress for my granddaughter. The end result was beautiful. She loved her dress and placed 2nd runner up out of 16. I have sewed for a very long time and I do believe this was the hardest project I have ever tackled! For me the underskirt with netting was a little confusing but the rest was great! Expect to spend some time on this dress as others have also stated. I spent 2 weeks creating this dress with having a busy schedule. Lol
I would give this dress 10 stars if possible. This pattern is so well written that even a beginner can make it. The details are wonderful and I love the bodice fit and style. It is like an open canvas, customizeable however you see fit. I get so many compliments everywhere my little one goes in this. Beware mine wants around the house in this dress. Can you say DIVA!
This isn't a project you can knock out in a day really. It took me about 3 days to do with all the details, but it was 100% worth it! The options are great and the directions are very thorough and well thought out. I love all the different things you can do with this pattern to fit so many different occasions. From pageants to princess to flower girl, all you need is a little imagination and some time!
This pattern is amazing!! I used this pattern to make my first special occasion dress. There were soo many firsts for me with this pattern (horsehair braid, petticoat lining, and special occasion fabrics.) The directions are very easy to follow along with and I was so happy with how our dress turned out. My daughter loved it!! Thank you for another amazing pattern!!
This dress is so beautiful! The construction is so simple and straight forward. The steps to cascading are amazing and allow for consistent cascades and that alone is golden and worth purchasing!! My first time making such a “fancy” dress and I’m already planning my next one!
This was my first time making a dress pattern like this!! It was also my first time ever doing a fishing line hem - I can't believe I waited so long to attempt a style like this!! This pattern is VERY WELL WRITTEN!!! So glad I gave it a try!! Will be making tons more!