The Dorothy’s Reverse-Applique Top and Dress pattern features a raw-edge, reverse-applique on the bodice, half-circle sleeves, and a high-low skirt. The back has a dramatic keyhole opening and closes with ties at the neckline and buttons or snaps below the keyhole. The optional reverse-applique technique is an easy and unexpected way to feature a favorite fabric on the bodice. Templates for a butterfly, heart, circle, and star applique are included, but you can also use the technique for any simple shape you choose. The sleeves and skirt can be beautifully finished with bias facings, and instructions are included to enclose all the seams so that the inside of the dress is as neat as the outside. If you’re in a hurry, instructions are included for faster construction as well. Dorothy’s is designed for medium-weight woven fabrics. With so many options and opportunities for creative fabric combinations, Dorothy’s is perfect for so many garments, from casual tops to fancy, special-occasion dresses!
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes 2T to 14 kids.
- A 63-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 2-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- One instant download PDF Projector file
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.