The Marsali’s Flounce Top and Dress pattern features a flounce sweeping across the bodice with an optional ruffle on one sleeve to continue the line of the flounce onto the arm. The flounce can be either asymmetric, or the same length all the way around. With sleeveless, short-, or long-sleeve options, this pattern works well for any season. Make a top, or a knee-length, A-line dress with your choice of either subtle or fuller flare at the hem.
You can achieve a variety of looks from casual to dressy depending on fabric choice: structured knits like scuba will give the flounce a bold flare, and lighter fabric with more drape will result in a more subtle ruffled accent. Get creative with color blocking, or let the details and shape of the flounce shine with all one fabric. Available in adults’ and kids’ sizes, Marsali’s is full of possibilities!
Difficulty Rating: Beginner
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes 2T to 14 kids.
- A 47-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 2-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- One instant download PDF Projector file
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.