I bought the pattern as a trial, as I have not had luck with other online patterns. I have plans to sew a dress for my son’s wedding as I want good fit. I found this pattern was easy to grade for a custom fit. I did find that there was need to really check the pattern measurements to ensure a proper fit. I loved the zero to minimal waste with the pattern printing. The instructions were clear, making the finished garment look like it was store bought. This pattern truly made sewing fun again!
"Indulge in the effortless elegance of Monica's Cold Shoulder Top and Dress – a knit ensemble that promises to capture your heart with every creation! This pattern marries simplicity with versatility, allowing ample room for personalization while maintaining a quick and straightforward construction process. Whether you're a seasoned sewist or a beginner, Monica's provides a trendy and chic canvas for your style endeavors.
Transform your Monica's creation into a personalized masterpiece. Adorn it with beautiful knit fabrics, experiment with cut files, add delicate embroidery, or opt for a fussy cut fabric to craft a dress that reflects your unique taste. The customization options are as boundless as your creativity. It's not just a dress; it's a platform for your imagination.
With Monica's, you're not just following a pattern; you're embarking on a creative journey. Knit fabrics are the key to unlocking the full potential of this design, and the possibilities are limited only by your vision. Elevate your wardrobe, embrace your style, and let Monica's be the starting point for your sewing adventures. The sky's the limit – show us what YOU can do with it!"
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes XXS to 3X adults.
- A 24-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 1-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- One instant download PDF Projector file that includes:
- Bold lines and clear fonts
- Pieces all facing the direction of stretch or grainline.
- Unfolded pieces with optional fold lines
- A scaling grid
- Layered sizes
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.
I'm that person who never makes a muslin - I still cut into the good stuff when trying a new pattern. But in saying that - I tend not to buy a new pattern unless tester photos and/or photos in the pattern group all look to be a good fit on everyone/most people with a similar body shape to me. The pattern pages all lined up perfectly and it was super quick to cut out. It went together well, though it took me longer as sergers are 1/4" seam allowance and the pattern calls for 3/8" seam allowance which did annoy me. So I had to sew with my sewing machine first before going over it with the serger - when I'd usually solely use my serger - with my sewing machine only used for the top stitching. I was delighted with the final result once it was finally finished. The fit was perfect on me. I used 220-250gsm CL, but it would look amazing in lighter weight CL or even Bamboo Lycra. There will be more of these going into my wardrobe soon!
It is so nice to have a pdf pattern that actually lines up when you put it together. I haven't made it yet but looking forward to it.
I enjoyed making my first my first Monica's Women's cold shoulder top. I didn't follow the instructions completely. I never sew my sleeves in the round anymore. I sew them into the shoulder then sew up the sides. I'll be making more of these tops!!