Author's Note: Tomorrow is the big day! 2021 12 Days of Christmas begins! But before the big day, we wanted to share three more free tutorials from 12 Days past! This adorable Santa sack was originally published in 2015!
It's the Second Day of Christmas at CKC and today's free project is one we can all enjoy! You can make it as a whimsical holiday decoration or use it for gift giving. Not only is the sewing pattern free, but we even included a little extra bonus embroidery file!
How cute is this?! Today's sewing pattern comes from Tiffany A and the embroidery file was designed by Heather. We are having way too much fun with this series behind the scenes!
Alright, let's get started with our Santa's sacks!
1. Sew the two drawstring pieces together down one short side.
2. Open to full length and fold both short ends under and press.
3. Fold the full length in half and press.
4. Open the drawstring back up.
5. Fold the long edges back in toward the middle crease and press.
6. Fold in half on the middle crease and press. Sew down entire length of the drawstring.
Making the Casing
1. Sew the two casing pieces together down one short side.
2. Open to the full length and fold both short ends under and press.
3. Fold the long edges in 1/8" and press. Do no sew yet.
Making the Santa Sack
- Place the two Santa Sack pieces on top of each other, right sides together, and sew along the two long sides and one short side.
- On the open end, fold down the top 1/2" and then again 1". Hem all the way around.
- Pin the casing in place around the top of the bag, approximately 2" down. Sew 1/8" from the edges along both long sides.
Using a safety pin, thread your drawstring through your casing. Tie a knot in the ends of your drawstring. You are all done!
If you would like to embroider your Santa's Sack (or anything else for that matter), we have this super fun "Love, Santa" file designed by Heather from Bobbin for Appliques, which she made specifically for this project!
You can download our exclusive CKC "Love Santa" file for FREE by clicking here!
It's your turn to make one! We hope you enjoy today's free project - please share your photos with us when you're done! I know my kids are going to flip when they see what I have in mind for theirs.
Let's Create! ~ Kristen