These came out so cute. My first time trying something like this. The pattern was easy to follow. I love the size charts. Now all my friends want me to make pajamas for their pups!
Chewy’s Pet Pajamas are the quintessential cold weather pattern when made in fleece or is perfect for a cozy, lazy day indoors in a soft, knit fabric. This pattern has a turtleneck collar that can be folded down and left fully extended for extra warmth. Keep all 4 legs of your 4-legged friend warm in this one-piece suit. The belly and booty are open for easy potty breaks. The pattern includes adjustments for varied leg lengths and neck and chest measurements for a fully customizable fit. Also included are video links for how to make additional length adjustments and how to finish the belly of your pajamas.
Difficulty Rating: Beginner
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
Recommended fabric: Knits with good recovery and at least 50% stretch or Fleece with at least 50% stretch
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for Small Breed Dogs sizes XS-XL and Large Breed Dogs sizes XS-XL.
- A 146-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 8-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- One instant download PDF Projector file that includes:
- Bold lines and clear fonts
- Pieces all facing the direction of stretch or grainline.
- Unfolded pieces with optional fold lines
- A scaling grid
- Layered sizes
- Computer drawn pattern pieces you can print over and over again; no more patterns that rip or tear! We now include templates for square and rectangle shaped pieces to cut and print out for those who prefer this option. As always, we will continue to include a cutting chart for those of you that choose to use a rotary cutter and ruler to cut your pieces.
These pyjamas did not disappoint! The instructions were really clear and easy follow and they were quick and straightforward to make. The pups have had so many compliments about their new pjs!
This is my first time making a dog coat and it was a lot simpler than I thought. I see windpro stretch with us fleece on one side and a shift shell on the other. It had 20% stretch. Because I wasn't sure if it would fit, I inserted a zipper and zipper guard on the back where the fold was. It ended up being a fantastic fit. I will definitely make again with the zipper back so that I can use non stretch fabric.
Question: I made the Large dog size medium pjs yesterday. I have a question about the pattern piece for the rear leg band. It says "Cut one on the fold." I am thinking this is wrong. Shouldn't it be cut just as the neck and front leg bands? Is this a misprint?