Tunisia’s Tiered Tunic and Dress is great year around. It combines a knit bodice with woven tiers for the perfect opportunity for fabric mixing. The knit bodice is comfortable and form-fitted without being too tight while the woven tiers are flowy and graceful. Using the bodice pattern piece would be great for upcycling an old shirt or using a small knit panel of custom fabric.
The bodice works well for 2-way stretch knits and the sleeveless design is perfect for both warmer weather and layering in cooler months. The tiered skirt features a high-low design which is feminine and unique. The woven skirt twirls perfectly. The tunic also has a high-low design and pairs perfectly with jeans and leggings.
Tunisia’s comes in adult and kids, so it makes for a perfect sibling or mommy and me matching sets.
Difficulty Rating: Beginner
*Fabric Requirement Chart shown as last image*
For the bodice: Any 2 way stretch knit including performance Knit and Ponte.
For the tiers: Woven fabric including Tweed, Corduroy, Denim, Poplin, Calico, Woven Cotton, Chintz, Crepe, Denim (light weight), Taffeta, Silk, Rayon, and/or Broadcloth.
Here is what you receive:
- Measurements for sizes 2T-14.
- A 31-page instant download pattern with thorough, uncomplicated step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photos that allow you to follow along with ease from start to finish.
- A 1-Page A0 Copy Shop file (46.8” x 33.1”) and standard printing file (8.5” x 11”) included.
- A projector file that includes:
- Bold lines and clear fonts
- Pieces all facing the direction of stretch or grainline.
- Unfolded pieces with optional fold lines
- A positioning guide
- Calibration grid and
- Layered sizes